Friday, August 15, 2008

Two quick things



I started painting a picture of some kid i found in a magazine, but it was looking yuk and i realised I didn't want to do it!
They always look bad when I start out (I wonder if this is the case for great artists, or if they know ways to do better foundational stuff, because it's quite discouraging for me until it all suddenly starts coming together much later on).

Anyway, i then decided to try something without a reference, and for some reason a cook came into mind... didn't want to do a female since i've done them recently, so i just drew a bit and tried to be vaguely anatomically minded, though I know it's a long way off. I tried lighting the opposite direction than I normally do, and to make a textural brush to paint with.

Overall I don't really like it, but it was quick and I don't mind. Colors are pretty bad too, i wanted dulled but not in the same way my pics always seem to be, but this turned out like the usual!

No comments: