Monday, May 2, 2011

Face paintings

As part of my acrylic painting forays, I've started painting a few faces to practice skin tones, paint handling and particularly getting used to the unique aspects of portraiture compared to other kinds of art. I don't worry too much about accuracy and realism apart from doing a quick pencil sketch to start, but I am thinking maybe I should incorporate it, cause I need to work on that as well.

They're quick studies, probably less than half an hour each, so I haven't developed any of them very far, but just try out new things. The plan, I guess, is to gradually start doing more 'serious' work as I improve - portraiture is something that appeals to me and I'd like to find a unique, interesting way to present them (rather than just a very realistic, documentary approach).

But for now, here's the first few...









No comments: