Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stills from animation


I have been working on an animated segment for a short film... I mentioned it briefly a while ago. I am almost halfway through and I think it's coming along fine. Luckily, they are happy with/even looking for a sketchy style, and so i don't have to get too caught up in making it all ultra smooth and accurate. Which I couldn't do even if I DID need to!

There is some mighty funky (in the weird/wrong sense) anatomy taking place, and the motions aren't really natural. Nevertheless, the overall feel is fine and it conveys the scene ok. Here's a few stills from the girl... you will see how much variation there is (they were chosen to deliberately display that), it's really quite poor... the head size varies a LOT, the style evolved as I continued drawing frames and I haven't done much to fix up a lot of the bad anatomy/posing. I simply don't have the time, and it's not crucial.

It will be interesting, however, to see how the guy turns out when i start drawing him. Every time I do more animation/drawing I learn new things and improve, so just as the drawings at the end of the girl's sequence are/can be better, the guy might be better overall. It's slightly less-than-ideal when you see this development throughout one scene, but ah well!!

No comments: